Sunday, 26 September 2010

Corp infiltration and hostile takeover - a report (part III)

This is part III of my little infiltration report. Part I can be found here and part II here.

Unfortunately all the other directors, albeit not allowed to vote, keep their roles. This means they can edit members' roles, keep an eye on the corp wallet, and try everything to make your heist as complicated as possible. One guy initiated another vote to create 10000 new shares for the corp. Luckily I was the only shareholder so I clicked "no". There was also a corpmail in the mailbox:

Corp Infiltrated, hostile takeover initiated
From: X
Sent: 2010.09.19 10:23
To: XXX-corp

Dear members,

Tonight our corp has been annexed.

They emptied our corp wallet and the corp hangars, and to make things even worse all shares have been claimed by the enemy. A new CEO has been elected, and our CEO lost all his permissions. The operation has been planned by "Suddenly Ninjas" and executed by our traitor-friend (my alt) who now runs for CEO. The corp leadership is working on a solution. The corp tax has been set to 0%. Please be careful. I urge you to keep in touch with us via teamspeak and the forum.

Information regarding the enemy can be found in the intel section of our forum.
Of course they banned my forum account, so I bet on stupid and simply registered a new one. Accounts on their forum need manual processing by an admin, so I had to wait.

A few minutes before the 24 hours run-for-ceo-vote ran out I logged in and waited. The voting finished, and I learned the hard way it takes up to another hour for the result to be processed. At this time it was 3:30am local time. Three hours before the wife would get up. Oh well..
An hour later I finally received the results of the vote. 100% of all shareholders voted for me. Heh, what a surprise! =) I started to remove roles from directors and members but somehow the wife woke up and gave me "the look". 4:30 in the morning in the middle of the week. I did what every criminal mastermind would have done. I went to bed.

The next morning (well, 2 hours later) I was back at my screen and checked what was going on. For some reason I was CEO, but wasn't able to use any roles anymore. No wallet access (it was empty anyway), no roles management, nothing. I figured the other directors might have used a trick to remove access for me so I wrote a petition. One day later some GM told me it takes up to two downtimes to fix all roles after changing a CEO. I know I had full access when I received the result of the vote though so for some reason logging off and back on messed it up. But victory was mine anyway. XXX-corp disbanded:

The corporation leadership has made a decision.

XXX-Corp will not submit to the enemy's attempted extortion. The leadership today officially announced the abandonment of XXX-corp.
All members who were online yesterday were shocked because of the bold takeover. We decided to leave the corporation and join a new one called ZZZ-corp. We'll try to help each other with the move to Sankkasen, our new home in Caldari space.

The corporation leadership is working on new security concepts to prevent hostile takeovers in the future. Furthermore new security policies will be implemented in our security systems to make espionage impossible.

Greetings,
X
New security systems, eh? I checked the forum account I registered at their forum a few hours ago, turned out someone accepted it without checking, and my forum name is not linked to any EVE character at all...

By now most members had left the corp or had become inactive. Some people, however, seemed to ignore ingame mails. Oh, by the way: Do you need a nice source of passive income?

1. Sneak into a corp and run for CEO
2. Wait for the smart guys to ragequit
3. Set taxes to 100%
4. Plunder the corp wallet once a day while those who never read their ingame mail go on with their missions.

I am now logging in once a day to clear the corp wallet. So far I took another 42 million ISK from 5 people running missions who didn't notice the member list had dropped from 39 to 6, and who totally ignored 5 corpmails with warnings and notifications because of the corp theft and tax changes. Don't they even notice they don't get any payment for their work?

It took me three freighter runs to move assets to the next trade hub. There was a lot of t1 junk and a pile of worthless blueprint copies, but so far I have earned 1,8 billion ISK and some sell orders are still up.
Yesterday I removed roles from the remaining members, and I kicked them today and closed the corp. There are a lot of other people out there in need of a capable director.

1 comment: